However, upgrading your tackles is part of the process of improving and moving on from what your current setup can't offer you in terms of balance, weight and performance. I am currently lacking of a popping setup which I will only get next year before my trip to Pulau Jarak with Ah Ho, Captain of GT Chaser.
Below are the list of my `dream` new setup which I think ..achievable :P
- Shimano Ocea Bluerose PE8
- Fisherman Spinoza CC PE8
- Shimano Ocea Jigger 4000P / Shimano Stella 10000FA
- Evergreen Poseidon SpinJerker PE3
- Shimano Stella 3000HG/Daiwa Morethan Branzino
- Studio Ocean Mark Blue Heaven L50
- Carpenter SP78H
- Daiwa Saltiga Expedition 6500
- Accurate SR30
I'm also interested to checkout HOTS' Wei World PE8 rod if it is available locally after watching the clip from youtube. Watched in awe when the guy repeatedly put the rod to it's limits, pumping it effortlessly. Anyway, dreams are dreams and things do not come by itself. Hope to secure more trips next year and will need to complete my light jigging setup for light jigging trips to Pekan, Merchung and Kuala Rompin when the season opens next year.